The following is a list of the Xselect commands that are currently
available. For the XPI commands, see the XPI Commands heading.
- bin - Old name for extract
- choose - Choose observations from catalogue by number
- cpd - Equivalent to set device
- echo - Toggles echoing of Xselect command files to the screen
- extract - Extract image, spectrum or light curve from data
- filter - Set filters for the bin command
- faint - Do faint-to-bright conversion
- fast - Apply the SIS fast mode timing correction
- gisclean - Filter data using a PI-Rise Time window
- hkbin - Bin up an HK parameter(s)
- hksel - Create a GTI file using HK data
- (x)list - List the obscats or the work and data directories. The command
name is xlist in xseltcl and ixselect.
- (x)load - Load an extant observation catalogue. The command name is
xload in xseltcl and ixselect.
- mkfbin - Bin up parameters from the Mkfilter output file
- make - Make observation catalogue
- plot - Plot spectrum, light curve, image, HK parameter, or other
- (x)read - Read in filename(s) of FITS file(s) to be used. The command
name is xread in xseltcl and ixselect.
- save - Save current session, product FITS file, spectrum, light curve,
- select - Apply Boolean expressions for data selection, for creating GTI
intervals from HK or filter files, and for filtering the
- (x)set - Sets the mission, instrument and plot device, and the
column names, and binsizes for extract. The command name
is xset in xseltcl and ixselect.
- show - Show data files, obscat, parameters, selections, or status
- sisclean - Remove hot pixels from ASCA SIS data
- sispi - Fill the PI column for ASCA SIS data.
- clear - Clear input files, filters, selections, or everything
- echo - Toggles echoing of command files to the screen
- help - Obtain help on commands and syntax
- exit - Exit from Xselect
- quit - Exit from Xselect
- stop - Exit from Xselect
HEASARC Home |
Last modified: Tuesday, 10-Jan-2023 11:03:00 EST
The HEASARC welcomes your participation in a brief survey to capture how users access and utilize HEASARC data, software, and services. The outcome(s) of this survey will be used to guide, prioritize, and plan our activities and development in the coming years. It contains 20 questions, generally takes just a few minutes to complete, and your answers will remain totally anonymous. The survey is open until Dec 18, 2023. We thank you in advance for your valuable feedback.