PIMMS Version 3.2 Release Notes
New and updated features in PIMMS v3.2 are:
- New in version 3.2d (Released 2002 January 29).
- A set of new Chandra effective area curves for
Cycle 4 proposes.
- A minor bug fix for pms_rarea.f: this bug prevented
this routine from utilizing the maximum amount of space allocated.
- A minor bug fix for pms_slmdl.f: this bug caused
PIMMS to run out of memory under certain situations.
- New in version 3.2c (Released 2001 October 15).
- The bug fix attempted in v3.2b was incomplete; v3.2c (hopefully)
completes the fix. If you are running v3.2a/b, and it crashes,
install v3.2c, or just update pms_docrt.f.
If you are running v3.2a/b, and it does not crash (try estimating
an ASCA SIS count or SAX MECS rate), then you need not take any
- New in version 3.2b (Released 2001 October 03).
- Fixed a bug introduced in v3.2a, which caused crashes
on some machines.
- New in version 3.2a (Released 2001 October 01).
- Cosmetic tweaks to get rid of meaningless warning messages.
- New in version 3.2 (Released 2001 September 10).
- XMM-Newton AO-2 support: Effective area curves for EPIC-MOS,
EPIC-PN, and RGS have been updated using in-orbit calibrations.
- Also includes a new formula to estimate pile-up for EPIC-MOS,
based on in-orbit data.
HEASARC Home |
This file was last modified on Tuesday, 13-Sep-2005 16:04:37 EDT