PIMMS Version 3.2 Release Notes
New and updated features in PIMMS v3.2 are:
- New in version 3.2d (Released 2002 January 29).
- A set of new Chandra effective area curves for
Cycle 4 proposes.
- A minor bug fix for pms_rarea.f: this bug prevented
this routine from utilizing the maximum amount of space allocated.
- A minor bug fix for pms_slmdl.f: this bug caused
PIMMS to run out of memory under certain situations.
- New in version 3.2c (Released 2001 October 15).
- The bug fix attempted in v3.2b was incomplete; v3.2c (hopefully)
completes the fix. If you are running v3.2a/b, and it crashes,
install v3.2c, or just update pms_docrt.f.
If you are running v3.2a/b, and it does not crash (try estimating
an ASCA SIS count or SAX MECS rate), then you need not take any
- New in version 3.2b (Released 2001 October 03).
- Fixed a bug introduced in v3.2a, which caused crashes
on some machines.
- New in version 3.2a (Released 2001 October 01).
- Cosmetic tweaks to get rid of meaningless warning messages.
- New in version 3.2 (Released 2001 September 10).
- XMM-Newton AO-2 support: Effective area curves for EPIC-MOS,
EPIC-PN, and RGS have been updated using in-orbit calibrations.
- Also includes a new formula to estimate pile-up for EPIC-MOS,
based on in-orbit data.
HEASARC Home |
The HEASARC welcomes your participation in a brief survey to capture how users access and utilize HEASARC data, software, and services. The outcome(s) of this survey will be used to guide, prioritize, and plan our activities and development in the coming years. It contains 18 questions, generally takes just a few minutes to complete, and your answers will remain totally anonymous. We thank you in advance for your valuable feedback.
This file was last modified on Tuesday, 13-Sep-2005 16:04:37 EDT