Next: How to find out
- New Models:
||Polarization constant with energy.
||Polarization power law with energy.
||Polarization linear with energy.
- Updated Models:
- rotpol has been renamed as polrot for consistency with the
other spectropolarimetric models.
- Replaced fixed size internal array in compbb with one which is
allocatable. This fixes a potential problem with large numbers of
- Simplified code for ismabs model and fixed offset by one bin
problem when using the tabulated data. Converted ismabs, ismdust,
and olivineabs to double precision fortran models. Rationalized
variable names and removed copies of subroutines.
- Added new math operators atan2, sinh, sinhd, cosh, coshd,
tanh, tanhd, sign, heaviside, boxcar, atan, asinh, acosh, atanh,
erf, erfc, and gamma for use in mdefine and newpar.
- mdefine expressions can now include other mdefined models.
- Added option to appropriate plots to specify the plot group
numbers to use in the plot. eg plot 1 data resid makes the data
and residuals plots for plot group 1 only.
- Added plot polangle and plot polfrac options. These plot
polarization angle and fraction. One set of data points and
errors are produced for each data group. Each data group must
have complete sets of I,Q,U Stokes parameter spectra.
- tclout stat now allows contributions to the fit statistic from
individual spectra to be retrieved.
- Changes to internal functions:
- Made a version of tableInterpolate which passes a map of XFLT
values instead of a spectrum number. This allows other users of the
library to run their code without a spectrum loaded.
- Changed variables and comments in LinearInterp to improve
clarity. Added C and Fortran wrappers in XSFunctions/Utilities
for the LinearInterp routines. Fixed error in linInterpInteg in first
bin(s) if target binning is much finer than current. Added double
precision versions of LinearInterp wrappers.
All bug fixes to v12.12 released as patches are included
in v12.12.1. In addition, the following bugs have been fixed.
- Batch mode scripts which did not exit were leaving command echoing
in a disabled state.
- When entering a Tcl control structure from the Xspec prompt, the
new prompt string wrongly contained the ``puts -nonewline'' command.
- When calling setplot with an abbreviated option name, quotes
and escape characters were not handled properly.
- Restored the ability for users to include header files from
XSFunctions and XSFunction/Utilities in their local models,
without having to also specify the path.
- Fix to mdefine expression parsing when using MIN or MAX in
combination with xspec model functions.
- Fix to handling of errors associated with models. There was
an inconsistency in whether errors were variance or
sqrt(variance). Any such errors should be calculated as variance.
Next: How to find out