The CALTOOLS Sub-package
Latest changes to CALTOOLS tasks
The CALTOOLS sub-package of FTOOLS contains
(mission independent) tasks relating to the creation and manipulation of
calibration files, including tasks to access the HEASARC Calibration
Database. Also check out the list of known CALTOOLS bugs,
limitations and planned enhancements.
General Calibration Utilities:
- Adds two or more ancilliary response files (ARFs) with user-specified
- Adds two or more detector redistribution matrix files (RMFs) with
- Browse the Caldb data holdings
- A multi-task wrapper for all RPSF-related tasks. A
User Guide (CAL/SW/93-011)
is also available.
- Dumps a FITS RMF to screen, ASCII file or an image
- Gain-corrects a detector redistribution matrix
- Multiplies/Divides a detector redistribution matrix by an Ancillary
- Queries a (CIF) Calibration Index File.
- Compresses an RMF file in channel-space.
- Rebins an observations RPSF (Radial Point Spread Function) dataset
such that each new bin contains at least a user-defined number
of (source) counts.
Format Conversion Tasks:
- Converts a Type II to a Type I PHA file
- Dumps a Collimator Response dataset to an image
- Converts a radial PSF (RPSF) dataset to a radial
encircled energy function (REEF) dataset.
- Dumps an (ASCII) QDP file from a RPSF (Radial Point Spread Function)
- Converts a (old-style) Standard Fortran (SF) response matrix to the new (FITS) format
- Converts the o/p obtained by exporting a RPSF
(Radial Point Spread Function) dataset from IRAF
using the task stwfits to a FITS file in OGIP-standard RPSF format.
CALDB Maintenance Utilities
Further information on the CALTOOLS tasks is available
- Checks out and reports upon the status of the CALDB available to a user
- Checks users CALDB is set-up correctly (C-VERSION of caldbinfo.f)
- Switches flag status of calibration files in a caldb.indx
- Switches flag status of calibration files in a caldb.indx (C-VARIANT of caldbflag.f)
- Adds an extra column to a caldb.indx (CAL_ORIG, indicating site origin of cal file)
- Creates an empty (CIF) Calibration Index File.
- Creates a caldb.indx (C-VERSION of crcif.f)
- Checks to ensure thart a Calibration Index File (CIF) is up-to-date
- Lists "good" files found in a CIF
- Create a Calibration Database.
- Create the Caldb directory structure.
- Create a caldbinit file.
- Enables Many Updates to a Caldb.Indx File
- Stores one or more calibration files in the Caldb.
- Updates a CIF for a new calibration dataset.
Page author:Michael F. Corcoran
Last Update: Wednesday, 12-Jul-2017 17:38:48 EDT
HEASARC Home |
Last modified: Wednesday, 12-Jul-2017 17:38:48 EDT